SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Academic Administrator New Foundation School is charged with the responsibility of ensuring efficient and effective management of the New Foundation School Academic Program in line with international best practices. These duties shall include but not limited to planning, development, coordination, and implementation of academic curriculum involving co-curricular as well as extracurricular activities for the New Foundation School with a view to achieving the vision and mission of the American University of Nigeria.
- A Post Graduate Diploma and Bachelor’s degree from a recognized tertiary institution in either English, engineering, mathematics, or science; plus 5 years increasingly responsible teaching and academic administrative experience OR any equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Knowledge of :
- Skill in English composition, grammar and punctuation.
- Ability to successful lead and manage teaching staff.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and political acumen.
- Skill in compiling and presenting statistical information.
- Skill in coordinating with university and secondary school colleagues.
- University policies and procedures affecting assigned work.
- Secondary school to national university testing procedures i.e. JAMB, WAEC, NECO.
- Office administration principles and practices.
- Budgeting procedures and financial record keeping
Other requirements, abilities for the position:
- Energetic, dynamic personality
- Ability to perform consistently under pressure and to work cooperatively with others.
- Ability to represent the AVP’s Office in a professional manner
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to receive and follow instruction.
- Ability to run several projects at the same time simultaneously with high level efficiency.