- Responsible for the organization, implementation of standard operational procedures and providing support to the hospital nurses in delivery of quality emergency surgical care to patients
- Contributes to organization of the set-up of the Accident & Emergency (A&E) department at State Specialist Hospital Maiduguri
- Clinical supervision of operational activities in the Accident & Emergency area
- Establishes a sound working relationship with the hospital staff involved in emergency care
- Contributes to good stock control and efficient use of hospital equipment
- Compiles clinical data from Accident & Emergency department
- Registered Nurse with 2-3 years of experience A&E room and in surgical care
- Provide support and education to medical staff and nurses in the Emergency department especially in the management of critical surgical emergencies.
- Proven ability to work with people of varied cultural and social backgrounds
- Flexible, diplomatic and able to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent analysis and problem solving skills
- Ability to clinically supervise ongoing work practice, safe staffing levels and problem solving
- Good coordination and communication skills
- Very good communication skills, especially when it comes to speaking and listening
- Emotional stability and to be able to work in stressful and traumatic situations, while keeping empathy towards patients
- Flexibility and quick response capacity to endure recurrent changes in working schedule, to be able to work for long hours and act swiftly in emergencies.
- Great interpersonal skills, to be able to work well with a variety of situation with different people.
- Good physical endurance and to be able to perform frequent physical tasks, standing for long time while maintaining good energy
- Good problem solving skills and to be able to think quickly and address problems as/or before they arise.
- Be able to maintain respect to his/her patients, colleagues and profession/duty in different circumstances.