Successful candidate will among other things perform the following:
- Processing advances and claims for payment and maintain the cash advance register for follow up on the reimbursements of the advances.
- Ensure costs are correctly entered into template for advance retirements
- Verify and review calculations on receipts and claims form
- Assign accounting codes to each transactions before carrying out posting of transactions
- Checking accounting records for accuracy and correctness as necessary
- Enforcing proper intemal control in the station's finance unit.
- Accounting of IITA Kano Station expenditure and receivables.
- Preparation of invoices and chargeback statements for services provided to individuals or other institutions and partners.
- Preparation of Station Imprest
- Preparation of the reconciliation statement of all Station bank accounts.
- Preparation of the Station Cash Certificate.
- Assist the Assets & inventory Clerk in handling assets inventory and disposal.
- Respond to account inquiries and provide promptfeedback to users.
- Filing and keeping IITA Kano accounting supporting documents and records (electronic and hard copies).