· Review supplier invoices and supporting documents against invoice processing checklist in order to establish completeness and validity of details.
· Match supplier invoices to purchase orders prior to processing to ensure consistency and identify errors/discrepancies/irregularities.
· Proactively note and inform the Financial Accountant of any irregularity in invoices/bills from third party.
· Assist in ensuring that all suppliers’ statements of accounts are reconciled to the sub-ledgers before forwarding supplier invoices and supporting documents to the Cash/Payroll Officer or Banking Officer.
· Respond to supplier enquires regarding payment processing.
· Provide inputs and necessary information to the reconciliation department to ensure suppliers’ sub-ledger accounts are prepared and reconciled to the general ledger on a monthly basis.
· Provide inputs in the review of existing invoice processing policies and procedures.
· Maintain ageing report of debt and outstanding payments to suppliers.
· Maintain an accurate and up-to-date record of all invoices received from suppliers/vendors.
- Contribute towards the preparation of annual budgets, forecasts, and budetary control.
- Create and maintain the chart of account and other company financial records and information.
- Supervise the passing of accounting entries into the various books of account
- General account and financial reconciliation including bank reconciliation
- Minimum of OND in Accounting
- ATS II
- Minimum of 2 years in a similar position
- Must possess good oral and communication skill
- Must be energetic with a passion for excellence.
- Must be reliable, honest and confident with good interpersonal skill
- Must be willing to adopt a proactive approach to work
- Must be computer literate.