- People Manager, the Account Director needs to manage the team to ensure they are properly motivated and resourced to deliver on all client and brand objectives
- Includes: providing adequate training, overseeing and conducting performance reviews, resolving issues/problems, rotating staff, and providing salary recommendations.
- Ensure the use of “best practices” and effective processes across the department and agency.
- Managing agency resources to ensure cost of running the clients business does not overtake fees/ income on the accounts
- Manage account P&L from negotiating statements of work and retainers, making sure work is delivered on budget, and invoicing clients according to the proper terms, and increasing ROI for the agency
- Managing client expectations and building client relationships across board
- Interfaces with very high level clients such as the Chief Marketing Officer and VP of Marketing.
- Act as agency lead on cross-agency integrated marketing programs, by participating in multi-agency briefs and work sessions, contributing to overall planning process, representing the interactive opportunity, defining interactive tactics within programs/campaigns, and creating campaign plans.
Proposal development and business planning:
- Develop marketing proposals, pitches for converting prospects into clients
- Develop business cases/ feasibility studies in order to get funding/ support from third parties for corporate projects. Spin off strategic business units, through careful consideration of the business case (in conjunction with the Strategic and Business Development Department)
- Business to business communication and direct marketing
- cold calls/ marketing rounds
- network meetings
Strategy and Project Management
- Account planning and communication development
- Client relationship management
- Budgeting and financial planning for projects and campaign
- A very good first degree
- Second degree and marketing qualifications an advantage (APCON, CIM)
- At least 7 years work experience in a corporate environment, with at least 5 years specifically in advertising and communications
- Proven track record of managing large accounts successfully
- Must be able to develop advertising and communication solutions to a variety of client briefs
- Must have excellent reporting standards and ability to work unsupervised
- Ability to conduct research and analyze data Proven ability to develop convincing presentations and business plans
- Ability to direct and manage a small team
Skills (Social / Business)
- Strong business acumen and entrepreneurial flair
- Very good understanding of the social media universe and comfortable with communication tools online
- Excellent speaking and presentation skills Interpersonal relations and people management