Stanbic IBTC Bank is a leading African banking group focused on emerging markets globally. It has been a mainstay of South Africa's financial system for 150 years, and now spans 16 countries across the African continent.Stanbic IBTC Bank values original thinkers with genuine insight and the team commitment that will help our clients outperform the market. As Africa’s largest and most respected bank, our Global Markets division offers you an outstanding opportunity to rapidly develop your banking talents. You will work across a range of financial instruments, operating within very different markets and countries.
Our ambitious plans now mean we are looking for a highly experienced Account Maintenance Officer.
To primarily provide Account Maintenance duties on customers’ accounts within agreed SLA and in line with bank’s procedures and ethical standards
Maintenance of customers’ accounts
• Execution of instructions by customers to provide a high level of customers satisfaction and quality output
• Proactively attending to requests and proffering alternatives that will suit the customer’s needs while working within the control policies of the bank
• Daily capturing of activities on metrics web page
• Assists to implement and continuously improves the Account Maintenance area in co-ordination with the Team leader, Account Maintenance , with a view of ensuring efficient and effective functioning and high level of service within the Account Maintenance area.
Customer and Business Partner Relationship Management
• Suggests and implements initiatives to improve customer satisfaction ratings
• Engages in the Customer Value Proposition and processing within Service Level Agreements and benchmark targets to ensure alignment to these requirements
• Ensure that assigned tasks are executed promptly
• Provides cost reduction initiatives and and ensures that budgets for the Account Maintenance area are met.
• Provides suggestions on how throughput can be maximised throughout the Account Maintenance area by noting processes that could be improved applying the principles of Lean manufacturing and Six Sigma.Resource Utilisation
• Ensures effective, efficient and optimal utilisation of all resources (human and capital) to be responsive to competitive pressures, changing market conditions, client needs and business strategies.
• Maintain a cooperative supportive working relationship with other team members
• Implements defined operational performance metrics geared towards meeting country objectives by analysing the existing gaps.
• Collaborates with other areas to ensure that best practices and a standard approach is followed.
• Provides accurate and timeous MIS as per the matrix agreed with Centre (ROA Operations) to enable informed decision making.
• Provides accurate and timeous reports as required to line manager
• Identifies and assesses the risks facing both systems and business processes thereby providing effective loss and risk management and so minimising the operational risks.
• Liaises with business stakeholders in ensuring that regulatory, group policy standards and minimum operating procedures are observed to minimise the Bank’s exposure to risk.
• Check risk implications and in need, refer to Compliance or Operations ControlKeep abreast with new policies and procedures at all times and educate team members accordingly
• B.Sc/B.Ed/B.Eng (second class upper/lower)
No mandatory but ACIB/ACA is an advantage