Please exercise due diligence when applying for this job vacancy.
Ensure accurate, functional and complete accounting, reporting and internal control systems that all relevant records are maintained.
• Codes invoices with accounting account numbers according to distribution in the general ledger
• Transactions posting. Determines dates for invoices to be paid and keys invoices into computerized accounts payable system. Tracks the approvals of transactions posted
• Process all petty cash, cash advances, purchase orders, claimable expenses and payroll income
• Monitors and ensure that approved transactions are posted into the various accounts within the specified period.
• On daily and weekly basis, reviews invoices scheduled for payment and special cheque request with line Manager, prints approved checks, prepare and routes for signature according to check signing authority.
• Attaches duplicate copy of checks to original invoices, stamps invoices "Paid" and files in permanent records.
• Receives and processes vendor invoices and internal check requests.
• Creates a journal entry in cash management and reconciles the bank deposit to the accounts receivable sub-ledger
Minimum of OND in any related field. Good communication skills and the ability to work well with people are essential.
• Good organizational and multitasking skills