Please exercise due diligence when applying for this job vacancy.
Account officers Duties:
• identify customer needs and refer customers to appropriate banking services and specialists
• accept money or cheques deposited by customers, verify records and receipts, and credit customers'
• pay money to customers according to advice slips, cheques or negotiable documents, and debit customers'
• assess the viability and credit risk of business and consumer loan proposals
• conduct foreign currency transactions for overseas travellers
• provide change and cash cheques
• record transactions
• balance cash and advise supervisors of cash position or discrepancies
• answer customer enquiries
• open and close accounts for company.
A bank teller/customer service officer sells and administers bank products and services, handles cash and
processes personal and business credit cards, overdraft and personal loan applications.
A credit officer (lending/loans officer) assesses the viability and credit risk of business and consumer loan
proposals, and controls and processes accounts.
An operations/accounts officer performs clerical duties such as opening and sorting mail, filing correspondence
and documents, recording items paid to and cashed by the tellers, and processing and updating daily transactions.
Account officers (including building society and credit union officers) receive and pay out money and assist
customers with loans, foreign currency exchange and investments.
Skills and Qualifications:
• HND, B.Sc. degree or any relevant discipline
• good communication and interpersonal skills
• able to make calculations quickly and accurately
• good organisation skills
• willing to transfer to other branches if required.