Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure accurate, functional and complete accounting, reporting and internal control systems that all relevant records are maintained.
- Codes invoices with accounting account numbers according to distribution in the general ledger
- Transactions posting. Determines dates for invoices to be paid and keys invoices into computerized accounts payable system. Tracks the approvals of transactions posted
- Process all petty cash, cash advances, purchase orders, claimable expenses and payroll income
- Monitors and ensure that approved transactions are posted into the various accounts within the specified period.
- On daily and weekly basis, reviews invoices scheduled for payment and special cheque request with line Manager, prints approved checks, prepare and routes for signature according to check signing authority.
- Attaches duplicate copy of checks to original invoices, stamps invoices "Paid" and files in permanent records.
- Receives and processes vendor invoices and internal check requests.
- Maintains open files for purchase orders, packing/receiving slips and matches to invoices.
- Review, proofread, and verify forms, invoices, requisitions, reimbursements and financial documents as necessary for accuracy in calculation and adherence to policies and procedures.
- Verifies invoices for quantity, unit pricing, extensions and applicable discounts.
- Assist with preparation of financial statements, maintaining cash controls and maintaining accounts payable
- Assist in the preparation of annual accounts and project financial deliverables
- Processes account payable, receivable invoices and payments in an accurate and timely manner.
- Process all payments through cash-flow and monthly bank reconciliation.
- Obtains approval from appropriate personnel for payment for miscellaneous invoices.
- Maintains alphabetical open invoice file for unpaid invoices.
- Prints, verifies and maintains accounts payable voucher reports, open/aging reports, disbursement reports, and journals.
- Creates a journal entry in cash management and reconciles the bank deposit to the accounts receivable sub-ledger
- Investigate differences with the bank statement and company’s journals and ledgers; and reconcile any discrepancies or inaccuracies.
- Process all journals for the reconciliations with bank statement. Make appropriate adjustments and reconciliation of any discrepancies or inaccuracies in the accounts ledger and cash management ledger
- Liaise with the bank on a daily basis to discuss the daily receipts in the bank statement and give advice on action required for different receipts.
- Ensures the reconciliation of monthly cash flow reports and statistical records/logs.
- Prepare financial management processes, particularly in relation to bank account transaction types into the ERP software in an accurate and timely manner.
Fixed Asset Register:
- Generate and update project costs into fixed asset accounts, and close out those accounts once the related projects have been completed.
- Reconcile the balance in the fixed asset subsidiary ledger to the summary-level account in the general ledger.
- Calculate depreciation for all fixed assets and update upon acquisition of new assets.
- Review and update the detailed schedule of fixed assets and accumulated depreciation terms/rates as it applies to capitalized items.
- Prepares property tax returns for review with the line manager
- Ensures proper documentation and maintenance of the department’s file management system.
- Files papers and documents into appropriate department files.
- Assist in the development and review of departmental procedures, policies and objective.
- Monitors the departmental inventory and coordinates the requisitioning of additional materials as required
- Prepares scheduled management account reports.
- Generate the required weekly, monthly, quarterly, bi-annually and annually reports and presentations.
- Provide comprehensive, effective and efficient administrative support to all departments.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.