- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to work to deadlines
- In depth understanding of the political, social, economic, and cultural context of Northern Nigeria.
- A commitment to achieving effective and efficient delivery of essential health care for pregnant women, newborns and children, alongside routine immunisation
- A commitment to ensuring that all Nigerian citizens, including women, the poorest and other marginalized groups, are able to have equal voice and participate in holding government accountable in the delivery of public services.
- Being both an excellent leader and team player, with excellent interpersonal skills and comfortable working in a multi-disciplinary team.
- A post-graduate degree in public health or a relevant field
- 10 years experience of working on large international development programmes in the area of accountability, governance and advocacy in the health sector.
- At least 3 years experience providing expertise in the area of advocacy, monitoring and evaluation, and/or institutional strengthening
- Experience with the development of accountability and advocacy strategies, and in having a leading role in the implementation of these strategies.
- A sound understanding of core social development concepts, such as voice, accountability, rights-based approaches, gender, equity and social inclusion and/or citizen participation.
- Extensive knowledge and experience working with existing accountability mechanisms (especially at community level) in Northern Nigeria.
- Experience of working in complex political environments, and a sound knowledge of the Nigerian context in terms of MNCH data generation, and use of MNCH data for advocacy and planning processes.
- Experience working effectively with LGA, State and Federal level authorities.
- Excellent written and spoken English and Hausa