- CRS Nigeria is committed to integrating accountability mechanisms to communities throughout its programming portfolio and; as such, seeks an Accountability Manager to help implement the newly developed Accountability Framework and other related priorities.
- The Accountability Manager will ensure that practical and effective mechanisms for accountability to beneficiaries and communities are integrated at the CP level and into programs through capacity building support and implementation. The role will also prioritize the deployment and use of a new accountability software system for the CP and across projects.
- No direct supervision
- The position will require a significant amount of coordination across CP projects.
Technical Assistance & Program Guidance:
- Provide technical assistance to ensure that accountability is integrated throughout the project cycle (design, implementation, and M&E) across CP programming.
- Be a champion and resource person for the accountability policies and procedures in the agency’s newly developed MEAL policies and procedures.
- Provide training and guidance for project staff on relevant accountability issues.
- Share resources and information with staff on accountability.
- Build capacity of staff to mainstream and develop accountability practices and mechanisms into programming, applying principles as outlined by Sphere, agency MEAL polices and other key guidelines.
- Lead the roll-out and testing of the accountability/feedback tracking software.
- Lead the training of CP and partner staff on use of the accountability/feedback software.
- Lead and support the development of communication materials for beneficiaries on CP and project feedback mechanisms.
- Integrate principles of protection and fraud reporting into project and CP feedback mechanisms.
- In conjunction with project teams, develop a process to solicit feedback from key project stakeholders.
Accountability to Communities and Beneficiaries:
- Be the primary point-person for the CP hotline.
- Develop standard talking point processes to manage various feedback scenarios (ie: if an individual would like to remain anonymous, etc.).
- Support project staff to:
- Assess how beneficiaries and communities would like to receive information about CRS and its projects, and ensure that the required information is regularly shared.
- Consult with beneficiaries and communities on project feedback mechanisms that are appropriate, effective, accessible and safe.
- Ensure that beneficiaries and communities participate in a meaningful way at every stage of the program cycle, from design to M&E.
- Monitor the effectiveness and relevance of the accountability mechanisms and practices put in place.
- Support partner organizations in setting up accountability mechanisms (as applicable).
- Support the sub-offices in managing and receiving feedback via the identified CP mechanism.
- Support the set-up of feedback hotlines and helpdesks, and provide training and monitoring to relevant staff on receiving and handling feedback and complaints.
- Ensure that feedback is routinely recorded, reviewed and acted upon in line with feedback mechanisms guidelines.
- Compile weekly and monthly feedback reports for CP MT and ensure all complaints and major issues are followed up and addressed in a timely manner.
- Generate timely reports on work planned and completed.
- Ensure that feedback is integrated into regular program planning, implementation, M&E and reporting.