- The tax accountant is responsible for performing complex tax preparation, tax research and tax planning with minimal supervision.
- The position is accountable for the collection of tax-related information, reporting to taxation authorities at the federal, state and local levels in a timely manner, and advising management on the tax impact of various corporate strategies.
- He/she will conceive tax strategies to defer or eliminate tax payments, create tax data collection systems complete required tax reporting in a timely manner and update the company income tax database as tax rates change.
- He/she will also coordinate audits by various tax authorities, recognize, anticipate and resolve tax issues; makes recommendations, investigate and correct process errors that caused incorrect tax filings and negotiate with tax authorities overtax payment issues.
Qualification and Experience
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in Accounting, Business, Economics or related fields.
- Minimum of 4 years of tax accounting experience.
- ICAN, ACA or ACCA is an advantage.
- Oil and Gas experience will be an added advantage.
- Must be detail oriented.