1) Prepare, examine, and analyze accounting records, financial statements, and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
2) Compute taxes owed and prepare tax returns, ensuring compliance with payment, reporting and other tax requirements.
3) Analyze business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations, to project future revenues and expenses or to provide advice.
4) Report to management regarding the finances of establishment.
5) Establish tables of accounts, and assign entries to proper accounts.
6) Develop, maintain, and analyze budgets, preparing periodic reports that compare budgeted costs to actual costs.