- Ensure accurate and complete posting of the Company’s inventory in accordance with agreed standards.
- Maintain all records of taxation activities including tax liabilities and payments and provide adequate proof of remittances for tax audit exercises.
- Prepare and ensure prompt rendition of personal income tax.
- Process staff loans and personal advances.
- Prepare client billing schedule and submit invoice to clients.
- Maintain ageing report of outstanding liabilities to third-party entities and provide relevant explanations as required.
- Prepare periodic reports on all invoices processed and received.
- Review requests and supporting documents to ensure validity, accuracy and completeness.
- Update the financial records of the business as appropriate, including invoices, vendor accounts, fixed assets, inventory and other GL accounts.
- Respond to internal and third-party enquires regarding payments processing.
- Ensure accuracy of computations on salary schedule.
- Prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Documents financial transactions by entering account information.
- Recommends financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
- Summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
- Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Guides accounting clerical staff by coordinating activities and answering questions.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Secures financial information by completing data base backups.
- Maintains financial security by following internal controls.
- Prepares payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements.
- Prepares special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
A minimum of 5 - 8 years post-NYSC relevant professional experience
in accounting or audit related functions
Practical use of Peachtree and Microsoft Excel
A professional accounting qualification (ACA or ACCA)
Proficient in Business Writing
Good leadership skills
Positive attitude and energy
Ability to work with little or no supervision
Effective written and oral communication
Willingness to learn
Meticulous attention to details
Commitment to achieving excellence.