· Examine account statements for the branch to ensure accuracy.
· Ensure that statements and records comply with laws and regulations.
· Compute taxes owed, prepare tax returns and ensure prompt payment.
· Inspect account books of the branch and accounting systems to keep up to date.
· Organize and maintain financial records for the branch.
· Improve businesses efficiency where money is concerned in the branch.
· Make best-practices recommendations to management as regarding the branch.
· Suggest ways to reduce cost, enhance revenues and improve profits.
· Provide auditing services for businesses and individuals.
· Shall ensure timely and accurate reporting of monthly management accounts, investigating variances, correcting errors where necessary and providing explanations on departures from budget.
· Monitor all Balance Sheet reconciliations ensuring completion and adequate record
· Keeping by all team members responsible. Co-ordinate daily, weekly and monthly cash flows, ensuring all information is collated and up to date, monitoring of accuracy and liaising with Group Financial Controller on requirement of funds required.
· Contribute to the development of management information provided internally and externally.
· Ensure that financial records are maintained in line with Company’s Financial Regulations and Standing Orders, and comply with current legislation.
· Ensure that all work is in line with company policies and procedures.
· Ensuring that all calculations are linked to supporting workings and appropriate source of information.
· Shall report directly to Group Financial Controller.Requirements
A graduate (B.Sc/HND) in Accounting, 3-6years work experienceand ICAN or ACCA qualification is an added advantage.