The Accounts Officer’s primary role is to assist the Financial Controller in the administration of the company’s financial accounts.
Good management decisions rely heavily on accurate and timely presentation of financial
information. As such the overall financial health of the association is supported from this area through the delivery of effective accounts department services. The role is to be performed with high standards of service to external and internal stakeholders.
1. Accounts Receivable Function
* Daily/periodic Invoicing – process invoices for relevant departments upon receipt of
relevant invoice request.
* Receipt of member/customer payments – process cheque payments, credit card
transactions and direct deposits
* Daily banking – cheques and cash
* Processing monthly journals – interest received etc
* Communicate with staff/members/customers regarding invoicing and payment of invoices
2. Accounts Payable Function
* Processing of creditors invoices
* Raising of payments ensuring proper authorisations – via cheque and electronic
* Processing of corporate credit card transactions – ensuring corporate purchasing
policy is being followed by relevant cardholders
* Manage and reconcile office petty cash
* Communicate with creditors regarding outstanding accounts and payment of
3. Administrative Functions
* Collating and copy of paperwork
* Filing of paperwork
* Management of filing system
4. Payroll Function
* Assist the Financial Controller where required with the weekly processing of payroll transactions
5. Monthly Reporting/Annual Reporting
* Assist Financial Controller where required with the preparation of monthly financial
6. Compliance Activities
* Assist Financial Controller where required with compliance regime with regards to GST, PAYG Withholding, Superannuation, Payroll Tax, Fringe Benefits Tax and Work Cover
* Minimal exposure
7. Other tasks where required
* Other tasks where instructed by the Financial Controller.
Education and Experience :
* HND or Bachelors Degree, in Finance, Accounting, Statistics or related field.
* At least 3 years of experience in an accounts role preferred
* Microsoft Word/Excel Experience beneficial – intermediate level
Skills and Personal Attributes
* Demonstrated ability to contribute in a professional and collaborative way to a team
* Knowledge of contemporary IT including word processing, email, spreadsheet, database and similar disciplines
* Demonstrate high level of oral communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to manage the flow of people and business, liaise and consult with internal and external stakeholders regarding sensitive and confidential matters, and maintain effective working relationships in a high volume environment
* Demonstrate a high level of onfidentiality, tact, discretion, initiative and sound
* Excellent organisational skills including the ability to determine priorities, meet
regular deadlines and take follow up action.