The Accounting Bookkeeper performs a variety of general accounting and administrative support tasks including:
• Verifies the accuracy of invoices and other accounting documents or records.
• Updates and maintains accounting journals, ledgers and other records detailing financial business transactions (e.g., disbursements, expense vouchers, receipts, accounts payable). Enters data into computer system using defined computer programs
• Compiles data and prepare a variety of reports.
• Reconciles records with internal company employees and management, or external vendors or customers.
• Recommends actions to resolve discrepancies.
• Investigates questionable data.
• Performs some human relations and administrative works
• Willing to work in graveyard shift
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Maintaining and recording accounting transactions, files, books and records.
• Reconcile petty cash
• Check and Voucher preparation
• Timekeeping job
• Engage in correspondence with Vendors, Banks and/or point of contact as needed
• Monitoring and scheduling of monthly payments of company’s operating expenses and all applicable taxes in an on-time manner• Preparation of monthly payments of Withholding tax, SSS, Philhealth & Pag-Ibig• Maintaining list and securing government certificates/permits/clearances (SEC, BIR, Mayor’s and Barangay) following correct procedures to ensure that payments and documents are submitted on time.• Assisting the company Accountant for all accounting related requirements• Coordinating with the company Accountant in all accounting matters as required• Handle some human relations and administrative works• Perform occasional outdoor errands, such as settling payments at banks• Other related jobs that may from time to time be assigned by superior
• Graduate of BS in Accountancy with 2 years minimum bookkeeping job experience
• Competency in Microsoft Office application including Excel, Word and Power point
• Excellent English communication skills (written and verbal)
• Ability to handle confidential information with discretion
• Organizational, verbal and written communication skills a must.
• Can work under pressure and used to meet deadlines
• Must be a team player
• Commitment to the objectives of the organization