The Accounts Officer is responsible for providing accounting and administrative support to people throughout the organisation. Specific functions include accounts receivable and payable, payroll administration, and general administrative support to staff, as directed by the Finance Manager.
· Prepare payments vouchers to be approved by chief accountant before disbursement of cash to vendors.
· Prepare invoices to clients as directed by the finance Manager
· Respomsible for remitting Employee tax, VAT and Pension
· Ability to Use the QuickBooks accounting package
· Maintain petty cash
· Lodging of all cash payments to the bank
· Support in obtaining tax receipt from tax office
· Maintain a proper filing system for all transactions, within assigned responsibilities, for audit and accounting purposes.
· Monitor all payments and update on all accounting software (QuickBooks)
· Make timely payment of all accounts including supplier invoices, re-imbursement to staff, bank transfers, and payroll liabilities in line with JobMag policies, procedures and authorisations.
· Responsible for collating and scanning of vendor documents for approval and review
· Ensure all payment and petty vouchers are filed properly daily
· Ability to effectively manage an office filling system
· Learn to manage relationship with external parties to an organization such as banks, tax office etc.
Educational Qualification and Experience:
- B.sc/HND in Accounting
- At least 1 year experience in a similar position.
- Experience or qualifications in Accounts and office administration.
- Excellent Communication Skills (Written and Oral)
- Excellent Computer Skills (Ms Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent organisational and planning skill
- Willingness to learn; use initiative, and ability to adapt to changing circumstances.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team to achieve goals.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills.