Responsible for recording and maintaining up to date records of the Company’s daily financial transactions. He will be responsible for the timely implementation of the Company’s policies and procedures. He will be responsible for analyzing account payable balances for validity and ultimately feed the users with accurate financial information.
- Receive and verify invoices and requisitions for goods and services
- Verify that transactions comply with financial policies and procedures
- Book approved invoices in the financial system
- Prepare Bank transfer instructions and ensure prompt dispatch to bank
- Follow up with banker to ensure instructions are promptly processed.
- Monthly remittances of all statutory deductions: PAYE, Pension, WHT, VAT etc.
- Disburse petty cash Naira and reconcile daily
- Post all payments to the Financial system
- Send remittance advice to Vendors.
- Ensure filing of all Account payable documents
- Must possess very sound knowledge of basic accounting
- Basic knowledge of taxes and statutory deductions in Nigeria
- Must be able to do simple analysis and interpretation of financial transactions.