Responsible for the management and reporting of the payables function for head office, outstations and newly established subsidiary companies.
- Ensuring all Etihad liabilities are accounted on a timely basis and payments are processed as per contractual agreements and accounted as per IFRS and paid within specified times
- Perform a review process and sign off of Staff payroll and related accounting entries
- Expenses: ensuring payments are made as per EY Policy and Corporate Governance
- Ensure Balance Sheet Reconciliations are monitored, maintained and transactions to be cleared are followed up
- Supplier/vendor master maintenance, ensuring that master data remains clean with no duplicate vendors and accurate banking and payments data. Important to ensure data is secure, complete and accurate to avoid financial loss and eliminate risk of financial loss through misdirected payments
- Perform a financial advisory role, including suggesting new business ideas and innovations to reduce the department costs and transaction processing costs or stimulate revenue generation for the company
- Project manage the Centralization and Globalization of the entire accounts payable function, to provide Etihad a consistent and specialized accounts payable knowledge centre. Included in this area are the Emiratisation and the Abu Dhabi 2030 plan
Liaise closely with external and internal customers such as Government entities, internal and external auditors, EY legal department and the Abu Dhabi Accountability authority. Such liaison would include:
- The facilitation of correspondence with the Legal Department regarding companies who may have gone into liquidation or sequestration; and
- Providing management responses to audit points
- Give advice and support through regular interactions with all departments including Treasury, HR, Marketing, CEO’s office and liaising with all Finance Managers across the network
Initiate and work closely with VP of Procurement and Supply Management (PSM) on projects to improve business processes such as:
- Supplier rationalization
- Purchasing Cards and
- Invoice consolidation
- Plan, supervise and control the preparation of the monthly accounts payables ledger and subsidiary ledgers. Ensure all regional offices are working in compliance with Etihad’s Corporate Governance Policy and assist in rectifying areas of concern
- Receive and evaluate all urgent payments for the EY Network and approve or decline as necessary. Receive all supplier credit applications and provide the relevant information including references
- Coordinate with the System Team in various projects for the automation and enhancement of current processes and drive projects to completion. Examples of these projects include: auto bank reconciliation, Invoice Scanning Solutions, Purchase Card, and Invoice Consolidation.
- Implementation of Policies, Procedures and Internal Control Structures. Ensure compliance with industry standards, International Accounting Standards and both local and International Legislative requirements. Maintain all policies and procedures up to date on intranet and any country specific taxation updates.
- Supervision, Training and Performance Management of Accounts Payable Personnel. To include shared services, subsidiary companies and joint ventures: Armaguard, HTM, HALA
- Advising the Treasury function on cash requirements for forecast payments, including both AED and foreign currency outflows
- Provide full support to the Auditors (both internal & external) and ensure that all transactions are recorded completely and accurately
- Update and discuss station related Management Information Systems and reports (within EY and industry related) with VP Financial Reporting and Regional Finance Managers to identify and mitigate any risks of incomplete and inaccurate data or processing; and develop strategies to improve the efficiency at stations to reduce costs.
- Conduct workshops/meetings with Accounts Payable teams across the network to ensure productivity of the staff is measured and training is arranged to keep the staff updated and motivated
Continually seek ways to automate and improve processes resulting in improved efficiencies and cost savings for the Organization. This will include:
- The implementation of Centralized shared services
- Setting up of new business units and new stations
Qualification & Education:
Higher National Certificate in Business Studies and Accounts or Bachalor of commerce with accountancy major
12 to 15 years accounting experience of which a minimum of 8 years at managerial level preferably in airline managing Payable Division
- Accounts Payable, Procurement and Corporate Governance principles, Policy & Procedure Creation and Customer Relations
- Good inter-personal skills particularly leadership, making decisions with a flair for managing difficult situations. Ability to deal with suppliers/staff in stressful situations whilst maintaining a professional decorum at all times along with clear and concise verbal and written skills.
Training & Knowledge:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High computer literacy
- Excellent writing communication skills
- Strategic planning and Project Management skills