Duties and responsibilities
- Implements approved administrative strategies, policies and procedures. Monitors to ensure adoption of policies and compliance among staff.
- Liaises with the Admin Manager to ensure prompt and adequate provision of office supplies
- Executes and oversees the provision of general support services, including dispatch, cleaning, catering and water supply services and upkeep of office premises
- Records and processes invoices, receipts and payments as required and instructed.
- Maintains effective working relationship with vendors and suppliers to ensure excellent service delivery and minimal disruption to business operations
- Prepares and maintains accurate records of company’s office assets and ensures that the relevant updates are made across all departments.
- Liaises with Unit Heads and conducts checks to ensure the safe keeping and efficient utilization of all office facilities and equipment.
- Liaises with Finance and Accounts for the prompt payment of utility bills, maintenance bills etc.
- Liaises with the relevant vendor for printing of staff ID cards, complimentary cards and note pads etc.
- Prepares periodic reports with respect to the activities in the Administrative unit for review and decision making
- Handles complaints on disruptions and faults on utilities and follows up promptly for reconnection / repairs.
- Maintains records of expenditures on telephones and other utilities.
- Reviews the company’s list of approved vendors on a quarterly basis, benchmarking against leading practices and service level agreements.
- Appraises the company’s assets periodically to ensure that relevant assets are adequately insured, negotiates terms and ensures that premiums are promptly settled.