This is administrative work assisting a high level executive/administrator in planning, organizing, and implementing a program or function with agency-wide or statewide impact. Work involves freeing the superior to focus on critical demands by performing a variety of administrative support functions under minimal direction. An employee in this class is responsible for liaison and public relations assignments which include contact with the public, officials and top-level management. Incumbents may supervise an administrative support staff or serve as team leader on special projects. The work requires the operation of personal computers, specialized data entry equipment and office equipment.
1. To administer and monitor all activities of the Administration section, ensuring that it is operating smoothly, efficiently and in a timely manner.
2. To supervise and provide guidance to team members regarding the commitment of works assigned.
3. To actively communicate within team and with other departments in a cooperative and good will manner through all possible communication means.
4. To in organize and maintain the filing system:i. Organizational documentationsii. Employees' profiles, their related documents, and contractsiii. All organizational policies: statute, policy and meeting minutes.
5. To organize, to check and manage the following things:i. Effective use of the office's supplies and stationeriesii. Draft letters/ of thanks, reply letter, invitation letter to other organizations and institution concern.
6. To take minute for the meetings as assigned by the Executive Director or her designated person.
7. To participate in the organization's policy development, if necessary.
8. To organize and maintain regular inventory list of property of the organization at every two months basis in cooperation with the accountant.
9. To liaise with external contacts to assure smooth operation of the Administration, i.e. local authorities, partner organizations, and so on.
10.To regularly communicate and develop reports, work plan, time schedule, arising problems, and results of related works to the immediate supervisor.
11.To participate and contribute knowledge and experience to build team capacity
12. All access and information must be kept confidential and be communicated internally only with the person(s) designated by the immediate supervisor
13. To perform effectively and in timely manner works assigned and undertake any other support duties as may be required from time to time by the Executive Director or the person designated by the Executive Director.
Intending Candidates MUST:
• Be a RESIDENT of Abuja.
• Have a valid Identity Card.
• Send a properly typed CV and applications to email@example.com
A minimum of HND.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES.
1. Ability to solve difficult and complex problems.
2. Ability to analyze and recommend improvements.
3. Ability to maintain records and prepare reports and correspondence related to the work.
4. Ability to communicate effectively with others.
5. Ability to maintain favorable public relations.
6. Fluent in English and good working knowledge in English.
7. Very good communication skills including internet, email and related software.
8. Accurate, reliable, well-organized, self-motivated. Service minded and problem-solving oriented.
9. Strong interpersonal negotiation and inter-cultural communication skills, and a fair team player.
Application deadline: 23rd of October 2013.