The African Agricultural Technology Foundation (AATF) is a not-for-profit organisation that facilitates and promotes public/private partnerships for the access and delivery of appropriate agricultural technologies, for sustainable use by smallholder farmers in Sub Saharan Africa (SSA), through innovative partnerships and effective stewardship along the entire value chain.
AATF works towards food security and poverty reduction in Sub-Saharan Africa, and its structure and operations draw upon the best practices and resources of both the public and private sectors.
To strengthen its operations and enhance its capacity to achieve its goals, AATF seeks to recruit focused, results-oriented and suitably qualified professionals to fill the vacant position of:
ADMINISTRATIVE AND FINANCE ASSISTANT (ES0093)
- Reporting to the Project Manager – Cowpea, the successful candidate will have responsibility for providing support to the Finance and Administrative functions through the timely and accurate processing of administrative, financial and accounting data. An intrinsic part of this will be to carry out daily reconciliations and generate daily reports for review and approval by the Project Manager, Cowpea, as well as update cash books as necessary
- Manage petty cash, receive cash and cheque payments on behalf of the Foundation, post all receipts and payments into the financial system and ensure daily banking.
- Code and enter transactions resulting from payments and receipts from the Nigeria office into the financial system while ensuring proper budget allocation of expenses.
- Provide information and advice to the Cowpea project staff on travel, including entitlement, travel route and hotel arrangements.
- Compile and prepare briefing and presentation materials, speeches, background information and documentation for meetings and missions.
- Prepare travel authorization in line with travel entitlements for Cowpea project staff, consultants, visitors, and ensure the travel arrangements follow the AATF principles of the most direct and price competitive routes.
- A good first degree in Business Administration or other related disciplines from a reputable Institution.
- Possession of relevant professional qualifications (CPA, ACCA) is essential.
- A minimum of two (2) years’ relevant experience.
- Strong book keeping and accounting skills.
- Good business acumen and financial management knowledge.
- Proficiency in the use of the computer, internet and email, spreadsheet and accounting packages, database management tools as well as workflow processes.
- Strong attention to details.
An attractive, highly competitive remuneration package and a pleasant working environment await the successful candidates.
Method of Application
Send your current curriculum vitae (prepared as a Microsoft Word document, and saved with your full names)
Please include in your application, a statement of how you meet the advertised criteria, as well as names and contact details (including telephone and e-mail addresses) of three referees who are knowledgeable about your professional achievements and abilities.
All applications will be treated in strict confidence. Only short- listed candidates will be contacted.