KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is a leading medical Development Aid organization working in Global Tuberculosis (TB) Control. With our team of professionals including consultants, nurses and years both in the national and international context. KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is active in over 40 countries in Europe, Africa, Latin America and Asia.
KNCV in collaboration with CEPHEID HBDC, the National TB Program and the National Agency for the Control of AIDS (NACA) is to provide a technical service and local capacity building on a package for a novel molecular test to detect tuberculosis (TB) via diagnostic technology endorsed by the World Health Organization called GeneXpert MTB/RIF. This technology is being scaled-up In the National TB program, National AIDS program and the national laboratory networks. This IS comprehensive service provision that includes installation, trouble-shooting, maintenance both remotely and on-site as well as routine local monitoring of GeneXpert MTB/RIF roll-out and training of local staff.
KNCV aims to achieve effective and efficient use of GeneXpert MTB/RIF machines by building capacity of both the end-users as well as with National TB and National AIDS programs.
Provide support in all financial and procurement activities including account systems for the GeneXpert MTB/RIF project.
Key duties and responsibilities:
S/he will over 12-14 month period:
- Assist in management of KNCV GeneXpert MTB/RIF accounts system (Exact Globe), examine receipts and vouchers, coding and invoice entry, prepare payroll, track expenditures, accruals and reconciliations for the project
- Maintenance of the KNCV GeneXpert MTB/RlF petty cash accounts for implementation of KNCV budgeted activities.
- Monitor all travel and other advance accounts.
- Monitor adherence to donor guidelines.
- Ensure that all project incurred expenses are paid for on a timely basis.
- Travels to field offices, training sites and other field locations when required.
- Provide office assistance: organizing and documenting minutes of meetings.
- Assist in annual audit process.
- Reports discrepancies in financial reports and outstanding balances to the financial controller.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- A University degree in a relevant related (accounting/finance/business management) with more than 2 years’ experience in accounting.
- Technical and Behavioral Competencies
- Demonstrable experience with accounting and financial reporting in United States Government or Global Fund supported projects; experience and knowledge of Nigerian Tax laws;
- Excellent written and verbal English language skills;
- Experience with accounting software packages; proficiency in computer programs such as MS Office package: and
- Integrity and transparency are absolutely essential for this position
What does KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation offer?
- A contract for 12-14 months, with the intension to extend the contract;
- An informal work atmosphere in an international environment where initiative is appreciated;
- A highly-motivated team of experienced, self-driven colleagues;
- The salary is dependent on education and relevant working experience;
- KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation has its own International Employment Conditions Scheme;
- Full-time employment consists of 40 hours per week.