Recruitment Notice: N° 002/12/2015/ALCO/SE/UPM
Location: Cotonou (Benin)
Contract duration: Two (02) years, renewable
Job start date: February 1, 2016
Supervision: ALCO Executive Secretary
Background and Justification
The Abidjan-Lagos Corridor Organization (ALCO) is sub regional intergovernmental organization which was established in 2002 with the mission of reducing HIV impact on interregional trade in West Africa. In fact, in view of the increase of migrations on main roads and fostering economic growth, the Heads of States of member countries namely the Ivory Coast, Ghana, Togo, Benin and Nigeria put in place this organization to facilitate road transit and transport as well as the development and implementation of a sub regional HIV/AIDS response.
During its first ten (10) years of service provision, ALCO largely contributed to the improvement of border posts environment and hospital infrastructures from Abidjan to Lagos, STIS and AIDS treatment, as well as the reduction of travelers’ transit time.
Within the framework of the New Funding Mechanism, the Global Fund (GF)grant allocated to ALCO took new directions. This grant focuses on a gradual transition of HIV prevention services to national programs and a reposition of interventions toward strengthening community system as well as the defense of human rights. The grant covers the period from 2016 to2018.
Aware of the challenges in the framework of the implementation of this grant, ALCO undertook actions in order to efficiently manage the resources which will be made available in the framework of this funding. To this effect, ALCO is recruiting an Administrative and Financial Manager who will be based at ALCO’s headquarters in Cotonou/Benin.
Description of Duties
- Under the direct supervision of theExecutive Secretaryto whom he is accountable, the Administrative and Financial Manager ensuresthe daily administrative and financial duties.
While assuming office, he is guided by:
- ALCO statutory documents on administrative management;
- Applicable and availablefinancial managementdocuments;
- Global Fundguidelines especially financial procedures;
- Decisions from the regional Coordination Committee;
- Applicable and available projects programs documents in connection with Program Coordinators;
- Guidelines and instructionsentrusted to him bythe Executive Secretary;
- His main duty isto ensure the optimal operationsoftheAdministrative and financial managementregarding the program funded by Global Fund.He has under his supervisionthe administrative and financial staff, the procurement staff, the logistics staff and the pool of drivers under this program who are all accountable to.
His duties and responsibilities are:
The establishment of the main accounting and audit management documents:
- Supervision of accounting exercise;
- Validation of periodic financial reports;
- Supervision of accounts closure and establishment of accounting records requested by ALCO Management in accordance with accounting standards applicable to ALCO (balance sheet, cash accounts, inventories, financial report, management report);
- Preparation and participation in audit missions;
- Preparation of accounting and financial information for donors upon their request;
- Organization of financial meetings;