- Assist the Campaign and its partners in the implementation of project activities, such as workshops, meetings, press events, and training including liaison with partners, counterpart agencies, at appropriate levels, to ensure cooperation/coordination of program activities and alert supervisors on problems and opportunities arising during implementation;
- Assist the National Coordinator and the African Team in the development of concept notes and other related materials for effective implementation of UNMC programs;
- Provide support in the coordination of advocacy and campaign activities within the UN Country Team and the emerging Thematic Group on the MDGs as well as the UN Communications Group where the Campaign is currently playing crucial roles;
- Carry out various administrative tasks in support of the National Coordinator and the Campaign’s programs, including managing correspondence, keeping appointments, arranging various meetings, project level procurement activities, and other related tasks;
- Develop and ensure the effective and efficient administration of program budgets and procurements;
- Ensure proper finance management, including liaising with UNDP Finance Unit in managing and disbursing program related funds;
- Process payment requests and documents in a timely manner for execution.
- Meeting deadlines and maintaining high-quality of output even while working under pressure;
- Good judgment and experience working in a multi-cultural setting are critical;
- Excellent communication / organizational skills, attention to details;
- Ability to operate personal computers, corporate and commercial software applications and databases such as Microsoft Office, Microsoft Outlook, Internet;
- Ability to quickly learn corporate software applications is essential including Atlas, IPSAS;
- Knowledge of UNDP/UN finance and administrative procedures;
- Highest standards of integrity and discretion are essential.
- University degree in finance or business related fields, social sciences, public administration, law or relevant discipline is required.
- At least Five years work experience in development;
- Good knowledge of UN system, procedures and activities for development;
- Considerable Experience in UN Coordination, MDGs Advocacy and working in multi-level partnerships.
- Fluency in English.