he mission of WHO is the attainment by all peoples of the highest possible level of health.
Vacancy Notice No: AFRO/16/FT103
Title: Administrative Assistant (DDM)
Contract type: Fixed-term Appointment
Duration of contract: One (01) Year
Date: 10 February 2016
Application Deadline: 2 March 2016
(21 day(s) until closing deadline)
Currently accepting applications
Duty Station: Abuja, Nigeria
Organization unit: AFRO Africa Regional Office (AF/RGO) /
AF/IVE Immunization, Vaccines and Emergencies (AF/IVE)
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME :
The Budget and Finance Unit provides budget and finance management services to WHO Nigeria programmes and administration, as well as support the management of financial assets of the organization in the WCO. The work and scope include awards management, Imprest and other accounts management, treasury, expenditure management, and quality assurance activities.
Description of duties:
Under the general supervision of the Operations Officer and direct supervision of the Budget and Finance Officer, the incumbent performs a variety of specialized tasks related to the Direct Disbursement Mechanism (DDM): -
1. Provide support to the Direct Disbursement Mechanism in planning, monitoring and evaluating the campaign funds management system;
2. Participate in preparation of operational budget for payments to SIAs personnel;
3. Assist in generation of funds allocation proposals and initiation of financial committal documents in line with established rules and available management tools;
4. Verify programme documents and reports from WHO field offices and other partners;
5. Support in the preparation of project updates and submit activity reports regularly;
6. Participate in the regular review and update of the payment guidelines and operating procedures
7. Provide sound advice and support to the central team and field offices based on the payment guidelines and established procedures
8. Assist in providing finance and administrative support for the office when required
9. Performs any other relevant duties
Completion of secondary education, supplemented by technical training or university degree in Administration and Finance from a recognized institution
Good knowledge of computerized accounting systems and budgets or ERPs.
Verification of Educational qualifications:
"In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU) / United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and these will be reviewed individually".
A good understanding of the programme requirements and large scale disbursements to several beneficiaries including the logistic requirement for such payments. A good knowledge of the workings of the bank and banking environment in Nigeria is important.
Essential:- At least 8 years of experience in accounting and/or administrative work.
Desirable:- Experience in working with bilateral or multilateral organisation in the country is an advantage.