• This position is characterized by the performance of a variety of administrative and office support duties. Positions require knowledge of organizational and departmental policies and procedures in order to communicate information involving programs, functions, and services. Duties performed may include preparation of documents and reports, the use of office technology, compiling records, organizing and maintaining files, posting information , greeting/referring/assisting others, mail distribution, and photocopying. The range of duties includes, but is not limited to, collecting and verifying data, summarizing and reconciling information or financial data, records management, review and processing, research and inventory. Positions may serve as the primary staff assistant to a department or manager. At the advanced level, may serve as a lead worker or may provide supervision to other employees.
• Answers phones.
• Takes messages or fields/answers routine and non- routine questions.
• Provides information to callers.
• Works in cooperation with other Administrative Associates to cover phones.
• Provides administrative support to staff for copying, faxing and large- scale mailings.
• Responds to staff requests for administrative support as needed.
• Sets up and maintain files, prepares reports, presentations and graphics, provides employees with office supplies, performs data entry, proofreads, and compiles special reports.
• Receives and distributes incoming mailing and coordinates outgoing mail, including courier services, postage meter account, and interoffice mail distribution.
• Schedules meetings and meeting arrangements.
• Provides meeting support as needed (e.g. scheduling conference rooms, coordinating food, logistics).
• Communicates with both internal and external personnel as required.
• Prepares and maintains documentation, plans, reports, schedules, databases, spreadsheets, logs, etc. to support functions.
• Assignments vary based on department and/or functional area.
• May handle special projects and execute research and data analysis tasks.
- University degree, recognized equivalent or HND.
- Familiarity with administrative and secretarial skills is an advantage.
- Familiarity with international NGOs is an advantage.