Office administrators undertake a range of functions to make sure the administration activities within an
organisation run smoothly. They may be responsible for the management of human resources, budgets, accommodation
and property facilities and records. These functions can be performed at various levels ranging from junior
through to upper management.
• supervise and coordinate activities of staff
• interview job applicants
• conduct orientation programmes for new employees
• administer salaries and work out leave entitlements
• be involved in staff training and development, the preparation of job descriptions, staff assessments and
• prepare annual estimates of expenditure, maintain budgetary and inventory controls and make
recommendations to management
• maintain management information systems (manual or computerised)
• locate suitable business premises and negotiate reasonable leasing agreements
• provide and maintain business premises and other facilities including plant machinery and equipment
• review and answer correspondence
• provide secretarial or executive services for committees.
• HND, B.Sc. degree or any relevant discipline
• able to supervise
• good oral and written communication skills
• aptitude for working with computers
• good organisation skills.