- Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas.
- Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
- In response to the crisis resulting from the Boko Haram conflict in northeast Nigeria, CRS is implementing a number of live-saving programs in Yobe state including a food security and a WASH program.
- The administrative assistant will coordinate the administrative operations and functions in the CRS Damaturu office.
- Maintain up to date inventory of all commodities and supplies in a moving balance format.
- Responsible for receiving procured items in collaboration with the procurement officer in Abuja.
- Physically mark all equipment recorded in the in the equipment inventory register.
- Maintain a log of equipment breakdowns
- Ensure the safe and efficient operation of the CRS field vehicle (access to fuel stations vehicle maintenance etc.)
- Ensure the driver’s monthly schedules and trip plans are published and updated throughout the year.
- Maintain adequate vehicles logs to determine mileage, vehicle history and maintenance requirements of each vehicle.
- Assists when needed in the preparation of car/travel routes.
- Ensure a smooth day-to-day office management including general office cleanliness, arrangement and organization
- Maintain supervisory role over temporary cleaning staff.
- Ordering stationary and maintaining the office store.
- Ensure that tender and contract documentation is compliant with all procurement legislation including CRS procurement guidelines.
- Ensure selection of appropriate suppliers and contractors, to promote good procurement practice with due regard to sustainability, ethical purchasing standards and whole life costing.
- Create clear, secure and easily traceable filing system and storage for all procurements documents
- Participate in negotiation of contract terms and to monitor performance against these contracts.
- Sorting and opening posts.
- Greet visitors to the organization in a professional and friendly manner and act as initial point of contact by responding to enquiries and request or directing as appropriate to those who are in need of assistance.
- Perform errands that assist daily functions: courier office, banks etc.
- Photocopying of office documents, binding, laminating etc.
- Take minutes of meetings and distribute minutes accordingly
- Act as the liaison between the state office staff and mail dispatcher.
- Undertake other appropriate duties as required for the efficient operation of the office.
- Support itineraries:
- Ensure logistical support to visitors including liaising with the PM on itineraries
- Make appointments according to schedules developed by team members
- Be the primary point of contact for visitors’ administrative needs
Human Resources tasks:
- Co-ordinate the processing of staff benefits e.g. medical allowance, staff education allowance, staff children education allowance, leave allowance and pouch clams and supporting documents to HRM weekly.
- Ensure that all leave requests are consistent with personnel policy provisions, tracked, documented and communicated to HRM
- Provide support in the orientation of new staff via Lync or any other media designated.
- Liaise with managers to continuously monitor the performance management system is functional and communicates with the HRO as such on challenges encountered.
- Oversee the work environment and ensure staff remain in a conducive and relaxed environment
- Send monthly field updates/reports related to HR procedures.
- Communicate immediately to HRM of resignation, termination, queries, conflicts, injuries and other information deemed needing urgent attention.
Program management tasks:
- Support the tracking of comprehensive work-plans and liquidations:
- a.) Support the PM compile and track workplans:
- Compile the field office staff work plans
- In collaboration with the program and technical staff, develop, implement and periodically update a decentralized GF workplan
- Provide monthly review and updates to workplans
- Liaise with administration support staff to provide updates on anticipated support needs.
- b.) Support the PM in facilitating bi-weekly tracking of liquidations and aging reports:
- Collect liquidation tracker data from state office staff
- Provide monthly review on outstanding liquidations and aging reports with consultation of PM and other program staff
- Support meetings, weekly program meetings and CRS workshops, meetings and trainings:
- Work with management to organize venues, issue invitations
- Record all proceedings/ meeting minutes and circulate to participants in a timely manner.
- a.) Support the PM compile and track workplans:
Key Working Relationships
- Internal: Head of Programs, Program Managers, Senior Program Manager, Human Resources Manager, Heads of Programming Units, Grants and Compliance Manager and other MQ staff,
- External: Partner staff, IP’s, PHC’s
Agency Wide Competences
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results:
- Serves with Integrity
- Models Stewardship
- Cultivates Constructive Relationships
- Promotes Learning
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum of a University degree/ HND Diploma.
- Minimum of 2 years work experience in a similar capacity.
- Previous experience of working with in an international non-governmental organization is an advantage.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (MS Word and Excel) and computers in general
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Demonstrated willingness to work in a team.
- Demonstrated initiative and problem solving skills.
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 20% of the time.