Functions / Key Results Expected
Summary of Key Functions:
- Implements operational processes;
- Organization of procurement processes;
- Support to HR implementation services;
- Logistical and general administration support;
- Supports knowledge building and knowledge sharing.
Implements operational processes:
- Facilitates full compliance of administrative activities with UN Women rules, regulations, policies and strategies;
- Provide inputs to the Nigeria Country Office administrative business processes mapping and implementation of the internal standard operating procedures (SOPs);
- Provide inputs to the preparation and implementation of the Operations team results-oriented work plans.
Organizes procurement processes:
- Contribute to the preparation of procurement plans for the office and their implementation monitoring;
- Generates procurement related reports; researches and drafts responses to enquiries for clearance by the Operation Manager;
- Review procurement requests and initiate procurement procedures for office and project equipment, supplies and services in a transparent and cost effective manner;
- Organize procurement activities and processes, including preparation and conduct of RFQs, ITBs or RFPs, opening and evaluation of tenders, coordinate contract negotiations (as required), prepare request for award of contract for the review and approval of relevant authorities, in full compliance with UN Women regulations and rules;
- Prepare Purchase orders and contracts in and outside Atlas including preparation of Recurring Purchase orders for contracting of services, and create vendor profiles in Atlas;
- Under guidance conducts reviews of procurement processes conducted by projects; submissions to the Regional Acquisition Management Review Committee (RAMRC), and Acquisition Management Review Committee (AMRC);
- Facilitates implementation of the internal control system, and prepares and dispatches Purchase Orders. Timely corrective actions on POs with errors (e.g. POs with budget errors, match exceptions, unapproved POs etc.), and provide timely information and response to relevant department to resolve the issues.
Support to HR implementation services:
- Support in the provision of HR services in the area of recruitment including vacancy announcement, organizing interview panels etc;
- Provide support in personnel administration for international and national staff as appropriate (e.g. renewal of UNLPs, visas, extension of contracts, administration of national benefits and allowances, administration of home leave entitlements, etc);
- Maintain staffing lists and reports as required;
- Assume overall responsibility for attendance and leave management monitoring;
- Prepare staffing/personnel related reports; research and draft responses to enquiries for clearance by the Supervisor.