CIP is a not-for-profit international agricultural research organization with a global mandate to conduct research on genetic resources of potatoes, sweetpotatoes, and other Andean roots and tubers, crop genetic enhancement and improvement, integrated crop management and sustainable management of natural resources.
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture on behalf of The International Potato Center seeks suitable candidates for the position of Administrative/Finance Officer.
The candidate selected for this position will be based in Abuja and will work under the supervision of the Sweetpotato for Health and Wealth project leader in Nigeria. The employment will be for a period of one year with a possibility of renewal subject to availability of funds and satisfactory performance.
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following:
- Monthly preparation of the cash position
- Funding status control
- Monthly bank reconciliations
- Budget monitoring and analysis
- Control of fixed assets
- Office Insurance management (including vehicle)
- Analysis of advance accounts, petty cash accounts, reimbursements, payments and any other accounts related with the operations of the office.
- Control of tax recovery
- Daily recording of transactions carried out by the office’s staff
- Filing of accounting information duly supported by invoices or contracts
- Perform any other duties that will be assigned.
- Maintenance of office décor
- Make travel arrangements for staff
- Arranging staff meetings, events, workshops and conferences in the country and providing logistic support
- Handling of motor vehicle maintenance, service and supervising the drivers.
- Ensuring availability of office stationery and sundry.
- Keep inventory and manage maintenance of office equipment
- Handle telephone calls/faxes, receive and assist visitors to the office
- Organize and maintain filling system for the office
- Implementation of CIP policies and procedures
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned
- Education: Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting or other related formal academic qualifications
- Experience: At least 3 years relevant experience of which 2 years should be in a similar (Accounts/administrative) position, preferably in an International Organization or Foreign Mission.
- Core Competencies
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good knowledge of rules, regulations and procedures of government and related agencies.
- Ability to work independently and to take initiative.
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office.
- Competent driver with current valid driving license
- Willingness to work on weekends if circumstances require
- Language: Fluent in spoken and written English
- Location: Must already be resident in Abuja.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive fringe benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.