The position of the Administrative Officer will support the position of the Head of Administration. This position is responsible for following through on the day–to–day activities that will ensure the smooth and efficient running of the Country program office and sub-offices.
The Administrative Officer will be responsible for playing the role of Head of Administration in the absence of the incumbent. The Administrative Officer will be specifically responsible for: - the Country Program logistics including fleet management and clearing of goods at points of entry, office buildings and residences maintenance; - ensuring that all CRS/Nigeria assets are well maintained and functional;- review and analyze some reports generated within the Administrative Department (monthly fuel consumption reports, maintenance reports etc) and make informed recommendations to the HoA and HoOps for improvement; - develop relevant tools to research any elements of the Administrative Departments functions and make recommendations to management for improvement.
The Administrative Officer will keep the Head of Administration briefed on the status of all ongoing activities under his/her purview. The Administrative Officer will also be available to represent, support and consult on issues being handled by the Head of Administration.
a. Develop standards on the efficient use of office equipments including office and telecommunication equipment and also overseeing the maintenance contracts for this equipment.
b. Provide guidance on the use and maintenance of office equipment (generators, photocopiers etc) to maximize use and functionality.
1. Will make recommendations to the head of admin on items to be disposed of and prepare list of items for auctioning when directed.
· Maintain and update the offices equipment inventory register. Physically mark all items. Add or delete items as required according to the CRS/Nigeria and the Agency’s Inventory Policy after due consultation with the Head of Administration.
- Send an updated Inventory report on assets over $5000 to HoA every quarter.
- Responsible for receiving procured items in collaboration with the Administrative Secretary.
- Will be responsible for the items in the administration store and maintain an up to date list of all items.
1. Provide direct supervision to the admin secretary.
2. Receive all vehicle reports from the field offices and review them.
3. Provide general oversight to vehicle dispatch and allocation.
4. Review log sheets and data entry into the VMS tool and the monthly reports from the pool.
5. Provide regular trainings on the use of the VMS to staff in the fleet management unit.
- Coordinate with Program and Administration staff for the transportation of project materials/equipment to project partners and to the field offices where applicable.
- Ensure all required documentation and approvals are secured for such transportation
- Forward received documentation on deliveries to the Administrative Secretary for processing of payments
- Liaise directly with requestors, transporters and partners to coordinate distribution schedules.
- Receive goods received notes from the partners and delivery notes from the transporters; initiate payment process and follow up with Finance.
- Organize all necessary required labour to facilitate the movement of received goods and effectively organize the delivery of the goods to the required locations
- Will coordinate the movement of items that are donated to the office and ensure all documentation is in place for receiving or onward movement to partners where applicable.
- Advise staff/travelers on immigration requirements for in country; provide support as needed to facilitate visa processing.
- Coordinate all visa requests for staff on official assignment and provide needed support.
a. Review all reports that are generated from the vehicle log and make recommendations based on generated reports so decisions can be taken on such as; donation of fuel consuming vehicles, fuel consumption pattern that could necessitate check on vehicles, fueling station etc. geared at improving current practices and increasing efficiency.
b. Review admin policies to ensure that guidelines reflect current operational conditions and make recommendations on ways to improve efficiency and internal control measures where applicable.
Office Administration and Management
1. Facilitate effective Coordination, understanding and cooperation between the administration department and the Finance/ Program Department
2. Develop strategies to ensure efficient application of agency resources, minimize wastage and achieve highest standards of stewardship
3. Directly supervise the building maintenance and repair for the office and residences
4. Provide supervision on couriers to ensure that items documentation (for sent and received items) is carried out properly.
1. Represent the Head of Administration
2. Perform other duties when required.
knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law, Economics, Administration or Management. An MBA is preferable
- Must be a matured, motivated, problem solving individual with high levels of initiative;
- Minimum of five years relevant administrative management experience, preferably with an International Organization
- Prior experience in supervising staff in a structured work environment
- Demonstrate excellent written and oral Communication skills
- Must demonstrate a good understanding of contemporary management best practices
- Must have excellent research and facilitation skills
- Excellent people skills;
- Demonstrate high level of initiative, diplomacy, and tact
- Excellent knowledge of computer software – MS Office and Excel especially
- Must be flexible and be able to work independently and as part of a team / body.