· Ensures the achievement of financial objectives by preparing an annual budget for the group; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; purchase office supplies as required and within budget guidelines.
· Designs and implements office policies by establishing standards and procedures for the department, measuring results against standards; making necessary adjustments.
· Maintains office efficiency by planning and implementing the use of office resources and general procurement.
· Designs develop and review of vendor selection criteria and their subsequent registration with the company.
· Conduct research on the process improvements methods with the aim of improving efficiency with minimal expenditure.
· Updating the website and troubleshooting information technological issues.
· Maintains office services by organizing office operations and procedures.
· Monitor and control the movement and usage of company’s fleet i.e. vehicles. Ensure the vehicles are duly registered, pay local government dues, vehicle servicing, well equipped and monitor general maintenance by the driver. Ensure at all times the vehicles are in good working condition.
· Report to the Managing Director as it concerns expense and generating income for the department.
· Provide quality customer service in relation to enquiries and requests by internal and external customers.
· Collate information relating to current projects and assist with ensuring certain projects run smoothly.
· Prepare reports, presentation material and statistical data by making use of word processing, spreadsheets and database.
· Monitor the CSU desk, ensure compliance and appraise the performance.
· Keep up to date and easily retrieve records within the department.
· Provide resource coordination. Ability to identify service agreement non compliances and stand as a point of entry into the organization. Ensure correct invoicing and payment of services.
· Purchase office consumables and equipment at the best price; timely provision and distribution of working tools e.g. (stationeries, toiletries, office equipment, fixtures and fittings, furniture, water, utensils etc.) for general office use when required and maintain proper record on consumption/usage.
· Manage and maintain the plant and machinery (Power Generating Set) in the premises and ensuring the P.G.S is in good working condition daily.
· Designing the filing systems; reviewing and approving supply requisitions; assigning the monitoring clerical functions.
· Works with the Finance department with regards to prompt processing and payment of all office utility/domestic bills (DSTV, internet, phone bills, waste disposal, EKEDC, Diesel, Fuel etc.) as and when due.
· Liaise with the newspaper vendors for timely delievery of the dailies. Responsible for monitoring, managing and initiating external printing jobs (letterheads and continuation sheets) required by the organization.
· Ensure all statutory bills---- including domestic bills, utility and other required bills are paid promptly.
· Work with the Accounts department as it pertains the salaries for the support staff (i.e. Janitorial staff)
· Monitor and instruct the security guard in securing the premises; supervise and ensuring power supply is constant i.e (is switched off and on when required) and ensure the generator log book is updated frequently.
· Office maintenance; maintain and manage the general outlook, equipment and asset of the company; interface and liaise with various maintenance personnel (e.g plumbers, electricians, mechanics, gen repairers, carpenters etc.) for an adequate maintenance culture.
· Supervise and monitor the usage of the entire office asset (phone, computers, chairs, desk, photocopiers, printers, etc.) to eradicate asset abuse.
· Consistently improve self and knowledge in the relevant field.
· Conduct performance evaluation and appraisal for direct reports and document feedback.
· Generates activities for the department and subordinates.
· Responsible for managing the support staff (Janitorial unit, security team, transport etc.) of the organization.
The ideal candidate must be a female , not more than 35 years old, Bsc/Masters holder.