Receives and responds to and resolves difficult and sensitive inquiries and complaints.Develops and reviews reports and other documents submitted by subordinates.Performs other related duties as required.
- Manages, develops, administers and strategically plans key department administrative functions, projects, and programs.
- Develops implements and evaluates plans, policies and procedures to achieve annual goals and objectives.
- Administers and monitors department programs to achieve goals, objectives, and work standards.
- Monitors status of repair work on vehicles and equipment to ensure quality control and efficient turnaround time.
- Participates in the preparation and administration of the department's operating budget.
- Plans and directs the work of staff including: training, assigning, reviewing, evaluating work performance, coordinating activities, maintaining standards, allocating personnel, participating in the selection of new employees, acting on employee problems and recommending employee discipline.
- Ensures compliance of City administrative and departmental policies and procedures and pertinent laws, policies, rules and regulations.
- Stays abreast of current developments in public administration and management; applicable ordinances, laws and regulations; and advanced research techniques and information source.
- Participate on external committees, boards and task forces etc., as appropriate.
- Negotiates and administers contracts with vendors and outside agencies.
Management and supervisory principles and practices.
- High quality customer service methodology and principles.
- Research and report writing methods and techniques.
- Computer software applications related to data analysis and report preparation.
Education and Experience:
- Any combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying.
- Bachelor's degree in public administration or a closely related field.
- Five (3) years of progressively responsible professional experience with a public agency that includes performing administrative analysis, interagency coordination, development and maintenance of procedures and systems, which includes at least one (1) year of management or supervisory experience