- Extract value from what we already have by focusing on optimizing processes within the Unit/Department in line with the value creation philosophy.
- This includes individual contributions and recommendations to improve existing business project/initiative.
- Drive Innovation by identifying and taking advantage of new business opportunities, e.g., by stimulating and encouraging new business opportunities, launch of products, product/process innovation etc.
- Maintain leadership in the ICT/Digital industry by keeping abreast of relevant industry news and notifying the team as appropriate.
- Enhance/expand MTN’s role in the larger national macro environment by participating in CSR projects and/or NGO’s, involvement in recognized professional institutions etc.
- Sustain the right organisational culture and behaviors by demonstrating the vital behaviours every time.
- Provide administrative support for day to day activities GM Commercial Legal’s office.
- Cross check documents for Company Secretary’s review to ensure quality control and compliance to MTNN policies, writing minutes of meetings and produce memos for review
- Perform quality control checks on Company Secretary’s presentations, ensuring proper formatting and elimination of errors
- Develop and maintain an efficient documentation and filing (electronic and hard) process, assisting in filing of statutory documents.
- Assist with corporate governance research and initiatives, processing enquiries from Directors, Shareholders, regulators etc.
- Make efficient travel arrangements for the Company Secretary’s office.
- Normal MTNN working conditions
- May be required to work extended hours
- Open Plan Office
Experience & Training
- A fully qualified Nigerian lawyer (minimum of LLB & BL from a recognized institution
- Minimum of 1-2 years’ experience working in a similar role in a medium to large sized organization
- Effective communication/business skills.
- Microsoft Office suite
- IFS Training
- Department specific applications
- Candidates should possess LLB qualifications