You will be, in coordination with the program director in Berlin, responsible for planning and implementing project measures in Nigeria. Some of your duties include setting up project structures, steering the project personnel and providing advisory service to national police and immigration institutions for the jointly planned support activities. Within the scope of project management you will be responsible for planning, implementing and monitoring project activities in cooperation with national and international partners, such as the United Nations (UNODC), the EU and other bilateral donors (GB, CH, etc.). Furthermore you take responsibility for the finance management and the correct handling of administrative procedures on-site. You will advise and organize training measures and implement equipment and smaller construction measures. Additionally you will build up a network in Nigeria und successfully look for cooperation partners with regard to the above mentioned measures. You will represent the project in Nigeria, in cooperation with the GIZ-country director and coordinate the activities with partners, donors, the German Embassy and other relevant organisations. Your position will also involve managing national and international staff.
• You have a relevant police-specific education or a university degree in law, administration, political- or social science
• You have at least 5 years of professional experience, particularly in the field of political and organizational consulting.
• You have a profound knowledge of German and international development cooperation and are ideally familiar with the instruments and methods of GIZ.
• Relevant work experience in non-European countries, preferably in Africa, in the areas of peace and security, governance, vocational training or information technology is advantageous.
• You enjoy working in a team, are highly committed, and are flexible, and resilient.
• You are willing to respect the GIZ security guidelines on the job and in private.
• A good command of German and an excellent command of English are expected.
Conditions regarding location
There are German, American, and French schools and a German-speaking medical service minor ailments is available. There is a daily direct flight between Frankfurt and Abuja.
Travel within Nigeria and the region is planned.