- Support the Industry Leader to drive the Power industry business development and execution initiative in Nigeria.
- Provide support in the development of the Power industry depth within the PwC Nigeria Advisory practice.
- Support the establishment, deepening and expansion of PwC relationships with Boards and the C-Suite Executives for all significant players across the Power value chain.
- Facilitate the development of Nigeria's Power industry specific thought leadership, client surveys, events, conferences etc.
- Support the development of tailored Nigeria Deals and Consulting platform offering in the Power space.
- Support the relevant competency leaders in executing all Advisory transactions / projects in the Power space.
- Collaborate with the other major LOS (Assurance and Tax) to drive the PwC Power XLOS agenda.
(Main activities undertaken by the job holder and reflective of the most important features of the job)
- Develop and keep up to date the PwC Advisory industry thesis for the Power industry /complex:
- Industry landscape (value chain, ALL notable players, evolution etc.)
- PwC Advisory's "unique point of view" on Power industry developments, trends, dynamics, opportunities, challenges etc.
- Identify the potential PwC client universe within the industry value chain (mid to large cap and relationship dimensions)
- Prioritize focus sub-sectors (by PwC service offerings) and derive PwC Advisory’s very detailed "go-to-market strategy" at the Advisory level, Deals & Consulting level and 9 competency level (in conjunction with other relevant leaders).
- Determine PwC Advisory investment requirements to enhance our industry presence
- Other relevant components of the industry thesis
- Develop and maintain very deep understanding of PwC lines of service, 'local' Advisory competency offerings, PwC Africa Advisory capabilities / specializations and PwC Global Advisory capabilities within the context of the Power complex
- Support business development efforts including identifying opportunities, developing relationships, scoping prospective engagements and leading proposal development:
- Prioritize clients in Power for Advisory as a whole
- Articulate priority client relationship building strategy
- Support the development XLOS teams per client
- Support the management of client relationships through positive and proactive engagement
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of client business challenges & mobilize necessary cross-competency and cross-geography teams to resolve them
- Support "big game hunting&" specialist origination efforts in the Power space
- Support ALL advisory competencies in leading the client engagement delivery through proactive engagement, innovative approaches, issues resolution and quality delivery:
- Structure, coordinate and execute Power engagements including but not limited to: Expansion Strategies; Market Penetration; Vertical Integration; M&A / Disposals; Business Reviews/ Restructuring; Tax Efficient Capitalisation; Investment / Fund Raising; Regulatory Compliance; Risk Management / Controls; Organisation Structuring; Technology Enhancement; Change Management; Human Capital Development; Profitability Enhancement; Process Optimisation and Viability Assessments
- Identify and communicate engagement findings to client management
- Consistently seek client feedback during and outside the engagement delivery cycle
- Support the development and delivery of "distinctive PwC value / perspective" for the Power space:
- Cutting Edge Thought Leadership; Client Surveys; News Articles / Press (print); and Media Coverage & Interviews.
- Support the creation of "PwC Nigeria Advisory Power" and its #1 positioning in the market:
- Client Conferences & Events; Internal and External Social Media; Brochures; Websites etc.
- Effectively lead in people development, and manage the team to provide exceptional service:
- Develop industry specific training modules
- Act as role model by engaging staff through mentoring / coaching and counselling
- Assist with developing or updating firm methodologies regarding infrastructure operations
- Facilitate adherence to risk management policies and standards on engagement delivery in accordance with standards
- Support key internal roles by aiding them to meet the firm's objectives
(minimum level of academic and professional qualification and accreditation required to perform effectively in the role)
- Bachelor's Degree in Economics, Finance, Business, Engineering or related field
- Master's Degree in Business or Finance related field is a plus
- Engineering degree is a plus
Job Experience Requirements:
- (Minimum level of personal and professional experience required to perform effectively in the role)
- Minimum of 6 years of Oil & Gas and/or Power industry experience - preference will be given to candidate with experience across the Oil & Gas to Power value chain
- Track record of advising on successful projects in the Power industry
- Experience in a managerial role in a large/global or fast-growing organization.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have practical industry experience combined with experience in consulting, investment banking or private equity.
- Experience in building and maintaining strong relations with key industry contacts.
- Emerging markets experience is preferable
- Demonstrated leadership skills and experience leading projects and diverse teams.
- Strong analytical and problem solving capabilities.
Job Knowledge Requirements:
(Minimum level of practices, standards, processes, legislation etc)
- Conceiving strategic solutions for clients and developing new methodologies
- Job Related Skills and Competencies:
- (Minimum level of skills i.e. computer literacy, technical skills, and Technical Competencies required to do the job)
- Excellent Business Development skills - Entrepreneurial and Commercial Thinking
- Exceptional Presentation, Communication and Facilitation skills
- Strong negotiation skills - Persuading and Influencing
- Strong creativity and innovation abilities
- Exceptional Client Service - delivering results and exceeding client expectations
- Adaptability to respond to change
- Lead and supervise teams and team activities
- Decide and initiate action to achieve key business results within area of responsibility
- Excellent relationship and networking skills - proven track record of dealing with senior client contacts
- Project Management skills - ability to manage across multiple and complex projects
- Application of technical expertise
- Adaptable to working and engaging with multiple cultures across client environment