- To participate and provide technical assistance in the planning and implementation of activities in public health, programming and community based activities.
- Develop, monitor and review resource mobilization strategies for sustaining the organizations programs in line with the strategic objectives.
- Provide administrative support to the Programme Management Unit(PMU) in projects as well as the Advocacy Communication and Social Mobilization Unit(ACSM).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Be part of the team to develop strong working relationships with key stakeholders in government, international partners, donors and NGOs, and ensure maximum coordination of resources and effort.
- Take part in the preparation and monitoring of the budget and other finance related activities
- Help identify new opportunities and good practice both externally and from within.
- Sourcing for grant announcements and developing suitable proposals.
- Identify donors and areas for possible investment.
- Develop and implement a fundraising strategy and plan, in line with the strategic objectives of the organization.
- Develop and maintain relations with potential donors including local funding agencies, corporate sectors, and international donors in line with donor requirements.
- Report writing and report evaluation.
- Monitor the implementation of funded projects by liaising with the responsible departments to ensure quality and informed reporting to donors on a timely basis in line with the contractual donor obligations.
- Follow-up project proposals submitted to donors and keep proper record of all correspondences in line with organizational requirements.
- Maintain database for all grant publications.
- Liaise and maintain correspondence with relevant units/ program teams for better program coordination
- Work directly with STOs at the state level to deliver grant objectives
- Report or investigate concerns on program implementation
- Perform research on a regular basis to aid program implementation
- Report program status by keeping program plans up to date
- Schedule training events and prepare corresponding materials
- Occasionally attend and represent SHI at Rollback malaria partners coordination meetings and workshops
- Identify gaps and challenges in the reports submitted by field staff and make recommendation for appropriate action
- Prepare program presentations
- Maintain program databases
- Train; supervise other staff members to perform work activities as assigned.
- Prepare periodic reports as required by the program
- Administrative support
- Process and prepare documents such as fund request and expense reports.
- Prepare meeting agendas, attend meetings, record and transcribe minutes
- Maintain and update inventory, mailing, and database systems
- Open, sort and route incoming mail, answer correspondence, and prepare outgoing mail
- Organize materials.
- Candidates must have a Medical degree or Bachelors degree in Health Sciences or other related discipline and a post graduate qualification in Public health or other related discipline.
- S/he must have a minimum of three years work experience in public health; particularly in malaria programs or any other programs in the other disease areas.
- Five years minimum experience is required for candidates without a post graduate degree.