He or she will carry out the following job functions:
- Respond to fire incidents and conduct tasks including interior attack, ventilation, salvage, overhaul, or fire-ground support operations as directed.
- Respond to emergency medical incidents and serve as a member of the medical team as directed.
- Participate in emergency rescue operations and support specialized teams including various types of rescue incidents such as plane crash, electrical sparks, fast water trench, auto extrication, and building collapse.
- Drive emergency vehicles operated by the department except for pumper and aerial apparatus.
- Participate in performing routine maintenance of all fire apparatus and tools of the Department.