Strategic Marketing Planning
- Assist the marketing manager in creating the long term marketing strategies as well as the opening strategies for the existing and new stores in the covered territories.
- Assist the marketing manager in executing the commercial calendar activities and ensure the strategic priorities are reflected in the campaigns. Liaise with range for product selections and pricing as well as co-ordinate day to day work with the agency. Inform the store about the marketing support before launching the activity
- Assist and execute the briefs from the marketing manager for all covered territories for market research needs based on the regional long term research strategy set by the Brand Communication Manager.
- Co-ordinate with contracted research companies, both locally commissioned and commissioned by our principles, to assess our realistic market position and to help us to place ourselves against the predefined IKEA positioning objectives.
- Conduct market analysing to help with understanding our target demographics, catchment areas, lifestyles and so forth that will assist the marketing manager in business planning and new territory penetration plans.
- Assist the marketing manager in analysing new territories or re-evaluating existing ones by being able to understand and utilise macroeconomic indicators.
- Assist the marketing manager in budgeting for all the covered territories by keeping an updated file on media costs, media effectiveness, and keeping track of all invoices to the department.
- Ensure cost consciousness in all activities, taking three quotes for all external work, negotiate better prices on on-going basis.
- Make sure to take part cost effectiveness initiatives and spend within the allocated budget to reach the agreed strategic objectives
- Focus on giving maximum assistance to the marketing manager on all new store opening projects by executing the overall strategy, independently managing media and PR liaisons and agency work on all artwork.
- Actively contribute with ideas, and suggestions and liaise with all necessary departments (internal and external)
Annual PR and Events Execution
- Recommend and finalize the annual PR calendar for the IKEA Brand in order to reflect and promote IKEA’s long term priorities, leadership businesses (eg. “Complete Bedroom and Kitchen Living”), as well as IKEA UAE’s own business needs (eg. Increasing exposure of wider range, even lower prices, quality perception and specific business area needs).
- Liaise with the store management teams and necessary 3rd parties such as event companies to execute the planned events in perfection in the planned time frame. Make sure the events are well communicated amongst the co-workers and ensure their full commitment. Be actively present during the event.
- In addition to the in-store events organize activities for press members and industry insiders (ie internal decorators) where they can actively engage with the IKEA brand and IKEA products. Plan and execute press trips in line with IKEA Brand priorities.