- The Pricing & Margins Leader is responsible for effective and efficient pricing and margin decision making within the zone.
- The role monitors the margin trends and drives improvement programs in conjunction with the Modality and LCT Leaders to reach the Zone profitability targets.
- The Pricing & Margin Manager works very closely with the needed CMI and Regional Product Leaders to set pricing guidelines and targets.
- Owns the development, maintenance and improvement of relevant price and margin decision making tools used by the Commercial Teams.
- Sets and coordinates effective price decision making processes, SOPs, escalation matrixes and OpMechs to ensure quick and appropriate pricing decisions in LCTs
- Works with the Global CMI team to provide the pricing and margin data analytics and dashboards for the Market & Price Reviews.
- In conjunction with Finance and Modality Managers sets Modality CM targets for the LCTs to be used in the VC plans and management of overall commercial KPIs.
- Work with the Zone Modality Leaders to monitor market prices and set target pricing and margins within the relevant quoting tools
- Work with Zone, Region SHS & relevant Global CMI SME’s to set the relevant and needed OVC standard reserves and product price points with the aim to program the quoting tools appropriately each year for both the direct and indirect markets in the Zone.
- Analyze, report and review the OVC reserves utilization and trends to drive productivity with execution teams
- Monitor and work with relevant finance resources to optimize Transfer prices within the Africa Zone
Quality Specific Goals:
- Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations and other GEHC policies as they apply to this job type/position.
- Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines.
- Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required.
- Strong business acumen and 3-5 years’ experience in at least one of Sales/Services/Commercial/Financial roles
- Extensive Experience in Price management within equipment sales
- Strong financial tools(excel), technical and computer usage skills
- Fluent in English with good communication and presentation skills
- Proven success in complex stakeholder management and influencing
- Reliable, responsive, attentive to detail.
- Action and results oriented
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Strong computer and financial analysis tool skills
- Emotional maturity
- Initiative, self-confidence, presence and self-assurance
- Team player.
- Business acumen.
Job Title: Lead Tax Analyst - Employment Taxes
- This position is responsible for supporting both employment tax compliance and employment tax cost effectiveness for the company in the Sub-Saharan Africa (SSA) region.
- The position will support payroll tax reviews to meet jurisdictional reporting, withholding and filing compliance requirements with focus on individual income and social taxes. In particular, pro-actively validating that a wide and numerous array of payroll tax calculations, filing and remittance processes have been executed correctly, and assisting the company to reconcile internally and to the tax authorities that this is the case, as required.
- A particular area of focus will be employee deployments across country borders inside and outside the region. The candidate will work with strategic business partners including internal (businesses, payroll, legal, HR, Corporate Tax), external (tax and payroll providers), and relevant tax authorities.
- As well as ensuring the quality of employment tax compliance and cost effectiveness in real time, the position will support any tax authority audits arising, projects arising, issues arising and broader objectives that are within the purview of GE’s global employment taxes team.
- The position reports to GE’s leaders for employment taxes in the SSA region, based in Nairobi, Kenya.
- Region of 3+ years tax, payroll or other relevant experience
- Strong English language skills
- Analytical and data manipulation skills
- Ability to assist with research and analysis of tax implications based on tax laws, cases and treaties
- Communication and cross-functional project leadership skills
- Ability to operate effectively in matrixed environment and with diverse disciplines
- Tenacity to progress and conclude enquiries/information requests internally
- Credibility and personal authority
- Team oriented
- Willing to travel
- Self starter and independent worker
- Adaptable/flexible: open to change in response to new information, different or unexpected circumstances, and/or ability to work in ambiguous situations
- Integrity: Accepting and adhering to high moral, ethical, and personal values in decisions, communications, actions, and when dealing with others.
- A valid NYSC discharge or exemption certificate will be required (please indicate clearly on your resume)
- Must have valid authorization to work full-time without any restriction in Nigeria
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- CPA/Chartered Accountant or similar relevant professional training
- Education to degree level or higher
- Expatriate tax experience
- Individual international personal tax and payroll tax experience
- Corporate income tax awareness
- Language skills.