Please exercise due diligence when applying for this job vacancy.
Agricultural consultants are specialist advisers who provide technical, commercial and financial advice and information to farming, agricultural and public sector staff.
Interested applicant should forward his/her c.v to
Key tasks include:
- visiting farms to conduct analyses and collect data, such as crop yield
- measuring, analysing and interpreting data
- conducting land valuations
- advising on compliance with current legislation and use of governmental or EU schemes
- giving demonstrations
- making presentations
- writing technical publications
- preparing reports
- developing and maintaining a set of client contacts
- maintaining awareness of developments in your area of specialisation, as well as the wider agricultural sector
- attending conferences
- advertising and marketing services
A degree in soil/earth sciences, agriculture, horticulture, crop/plant science or animal science is normally the minimum academic requirement for entry into this post.