Please exercise due diligence when applying for this job vacancy.
· would be involved in organizing contract farming educating farmers in correct practices and forming the farmers into cooperatives with an ultimate aim of getting the harvested crop for utilization
· He would be involved in leading a team of local agronomist in this work and should have leadership qualities.
· Conducting a range of field trials on commercial crops in various growing regions. conduct the trials for improving crop productivity with desirable quality characteristics, Crop development models for captive cultivation
· This position would report to the General Managers
· The position would take care of the various plantations daily
· He would visit farms to assess health and draw up upkeep / input plan
· He would advise on variety selection and possibilities
· He would recruit and train local team to help with agronomy activities.
· He would advise on nursery management
· Advise on farming techniques
· He would also conduct trials on new varieties and inputs
· He would provide inputs on water/irrigation and nutritional requirements
· Preparing monthly reports as well as individual farm visit reports
· Assure demonstration plots are implemented within the guidelines of pre-established project protocols, and field days are organized and attended as directed by the project
· Work with partners to assure accurate data collection (yields, gross margin analysis, farmer adoption levels, training attendance, etc.) is reported to the project
· Participate in the development of, and supervise partners’ use of, simple, direct training materials, suited to both farmers and extension staff
· Facilitate knowledge transfer of project-related information and agronomic practices directly to farmers and other service providers
· Work with partners to assure a high level of farmer adoption of farming practices
· Identify production constraints or bottlenecks and develop means to address them with guidance from the Regional Technical Advisors,
· Work with local partners, and the Regional Technical Manager to identify possible grant opportunities for lead farmers/tractor operators with whom they work regularly
· Forage and Fodder cropping experience
· Develop commercial agriculture business plan
· Management of variety of agriculture machineries
· Proven ability in Animal husbandry, Crop agronomy and Irrigation management.
· Previous experience in a sales role focused on farm production advisory or relating to agricultural
· Self-motivated, well organized and have excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills with the ability to work unsupervised and meet deadlines.
· Minimum of HND/B.Sc. in Agriculture, Agronomy, Farm Management
· Over 7 years Farm Management experience in a structured farm or agriculture company or international research institute.
· Audits, and regulations SHE / Risk Management.
· Considerable training in the field of Industrial Hygiene Management procedures and practices.