- Intimate understanding of freight P&L including reasons for cost / revenue variations
- Management and review of all freight department process and procedures with a view to maximize efficiencies and productivity
- Management of operational process within operating platform EDI
- Develop and maintain high levels of staff morale and operational best practice.
- Establishment of internal and external SOP / SLA.
- Creation and maintenance of operational KPI'S to measure performance and profitability of the business unit
- Group and non group business development
- Review and analysis of vendor service and pricing
• Must have a degree preferably in Freight, Supply Chain or Logistics management
• Must have International freight forwarding experience
• Must have extensive knowledge of air freight process and procedures
• Must have in depth knowledge of all UAE import and export regulations
• Must be a leader with a strategic, analytical approach to business
• Must be able to communicate and present in both verbal and written English
• Must have strong planning and organization skills
• Must have good knowledge of MS Office applications, SAP awareness is an added advantage!
• Must have the ability to motivate and coach direct reports
• Must be results orientated