We are currently looking to recruit an experienced Air Freight Operations Manager to be a part of the Freight Division of Al Futtaim Logistics. The main purpose of the role is to effectively manage and lead the freight department operations activities and team members to ensure ongoing department profitability.
- Intimate understanding of freight P&L including reasons for cost / revenue variations
- Management and review of all freight department process and procedures with a view to maximize efficiencies and productivity
- Management of operational process within operating platform EDI
- Develop and maintain high levels of staff morale and operational best practice.
- Establishment of internal and external SOP / SLA.
- Creation and maintenance of operational KPI'S to measure performance and profitability of the business unit
- Group and non group business development
- Review and analysis of vendor service and pricing
To be successfully considered for this role, you must have the following experience, skills, knowledge & competencies;
• Must have a degree preferably in Freight, Supply Chain or Logistics management
• Must have International freight forwarding experience
• Must have extensive knowledge of air freight process and procedures
• Must have in depth knowledge of all UAE import and export regulations
• Must be a leader with a strategic, analytical approach to business
• Must be able to communicate and present in both verbal and written English
• Must have strong planning and organization skills
• Must have good knowledge of MS Office applications, SAP awareness is an added advantage!
• Must have the ability to motivate and coach direct reports
• Must be results orientated