Please exercise due diligence when applying for this job vacancy.
Airline cabin crew are responsible for the comfort, safety and welfare of passengers travelling on aircraft during flights to and from the UK and international destinations.
The air cabin crew of a commercial airline are jointly responsible for the safety and comfort of its passengers. Duties include:
- greeting passengers as they board and exit the plane
- showing passengers to their seats and providing special attention to certain passengers, such as the elderly or disabled
- serving meals and refreshments
- checking the condition and provision of emergency equipment and information for passengers
- demonstrating emergency equipment and safety procedures
- administering first aid
- dealing with emergencies
- supplying passengers with newspapers, magazines and in-flight entertainment
- selling duty-free commercial goods and pursuing sales targets
- producing written flight reports after completing a journey
The cabin crew are expected to deal with all passengers diplomatically – even when feeling the effects of travelling through time zones and spending extended periods of time on their feet.
Key skills for air cabin crew
- good communication skills
- excellent interpersonal skills
- the ability to remain calm in emergencies or when dealing with difficult passegers
- diplomacy and tact
- good colour vision and hearing
- good general health and fitness – many airlines require cabin staff to be able to swim at least 25m
- the ability to keep a cheery countenance when you've been on your feet a long time and you're out of your time zone.
Interested applicants should have a minimum of BSc and any other qualification will be added advantage.