The purpose of this role is to support the Head of Planning & Projects on all issues relating to Airside Operations planning at DXB & DWC, Airside Operation business plan, short term strategic plan, feasibility studies, Operational Readiness and Airport Transfer (ORAT integration), coordinate Airside requirements for airport extension, Human Resources and Organizational Development, economic planning, provide RWY & TWY capacity to meet airline and economic growth plans and coordinate all external activities, benchmarks and Airside Vehicle Permit.
- Responsible for the operational readiness planning, ensuring it is conducted in a timely manner, through the establishment of airside stakeholder groups. To identify interdependencies and resolve operational issues as well as implement operational readiness time scheduling to facilitate accurate management reporting.
- Responsible for identifying, evaluating & mitegating risk, performance criteria (operational & financial), safety, security, sustainability & operability at each stage of the development within the development portfolio, reviewing these against the criteria set in the Business Brief, Development Brief & Scheme Design.
- Responsible to negotiate and develop Airside business briefs with the client, key stakeholders (incl. Airline partners, Government bodies, Airport Police ) and appropriate experts, clearly articulating the business need.
- Responsible to drive Airside Operations development funding, cost planning & maximisation of value and commercial rigour through financial appraisal & active programme/project investment management by working with appropriate experts and internal partners.
- Responsible to ensure that planning processes are well defined, detailed, communicated, monitored; that outcomes are well defined and communicated and that issues are identified, resolved and communicated back to relevant parties.
- To provide senior level assistance to the HOP&P by taking the lead on aviation analysis and planning, and the execution of senior management strategic initiatives for the commercial development.
Specifically to assess initiatives and provide direction to senior managers on specified and implied tasks that enable the successful performance and completion of business projects.
- Responsible to capture, analyze and integrate market intelligence into strategic planning for the Aviation Business and Airside Operations.
- You will implement (Political, Economic, Social, and Technological) situational analyses and SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats) analyses to maximize the potential of business opportunities whilst minimizing threats or challenges.
- You will attract and capture market opportunities through research and the provision of findings and recommendations to the Aviation Business Development Team.
- You will use gathered market intelligence to provide recommendations to senior managers on maximizing returns on current and future business initiatives.
- Responsible to plan budget, resources and performance targets with all Airside Operations Sections Heads before summation to Head of Airside Operations Planning & Projects.
Qualifications and Education:
The job holder will have a degree level or equivalent, supplemented with a professional qualification and relevant qualification (ICAO Annex 14 Aerodromes, ICAO Document 9157 Aerodrome Design Manual & CAR Part IX). Relevant professional qualification – Airside Operation Planning, Town Planning, Architecture, or related discipline such as Chartered Surveyor. However, practical experience of working within Airside Operations at middle to senior management position would be considered.
- 5+ years experience within the Aviation Industry. Experience of leading teams.
- Thorough understanding of broad range of airport operations with emphasis on airside operations.
- Understanding of the regulations and standards required by ICAO.
- Experienced in a management position within a service delivery organization.
- Strong ability in developing effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders in order to achieve objectives.
- Sound commercial background.