The appointee will be required to provide airstrip operations and third-party/regulatory interface for NLNG.; specifically, the Finima Airstrip and Bonny RA Heliport in a manner compliant with all aviation safely and operations standards to ensure NLNG's operations is supported with air travel as required to meet business objectives.
The duties will include, but are not limited to the following:
- To direct Airstrip Operations covering but not limited to Air Traffic Control, Travel Management, Ground Operations, etc., at the Finimo Airstrip and Bonny FA Heliport to ensure that the facility is available for take-off and landing of Company leased aircrafts for NLNGs business at various locations as required.
- To drive Airstrip Facility Management including but not limited to ensuring the operationolization of the airfield maintenance program covering maintenance of airstrip & heliport facilities including buildings,, installed airfield equipment and landscape; cleaning, ingress control, etc. at the Finima Airstrip and Bonny RA Heliport to ensure continued validity of License-To-Operate (UTO) and that the facility is available for take-off and landing of Company leased aircrafts for NLNGs business at various locations as required.
- To support liaison with Finima Airstrip Facility Partner to ensure that the co-sharing MOU and Operating Agreement between the parties remains operationalized at oil times; eliminating any potential for loss of Finima Airstrip License-To-Operate (LTO) and thereby ensuring continuous availability of the Finima Airstrip to the parties.
- To operatonalize and maintain third-party Finima Airstrip Facility usage agreements to optimize facility usage and enhance cost recovery in ci manner that will not undermine availability of facility for NLNG's business.
- Ta maintain the interface between NLNG and the Nigerian Aviation Regulatory Agencies that provide services and/or oversight for the operation of the Finima Airstrip and RA Heliport such as NCAA, NAMA, FAAN, etc., to ensure that services and/or oversight assurance activities for the facilities are continuously provided to retain the LTO.
- To monitor and verify the development and maintenance of Applicable Competency Assurance Programs implemented by the respective Airstrip Service Providers in line with NLNG’s Aviation Standards and all other applicable Regulatory Requirements, for Airfield Operations Personnel to ensure that they remain competent and certified thereby maintaining the LTO of Finimo Airstrip and RA Helipad and continuous availability of the facilities to support NLNGs business needs.
- To plan and support the execution of Finima Airstrip and RA Heliport assurance as required by regulation, shareholders and Company at agreed intervals to ensure that the facilities and operations continue to comply with regulations required to retain ITO and drive continuous improvement in service and operations.
- Identify document, assess, control and mitigate the HSE Risks Associated with Airstrip Operations and support activities including development and review of HSE Case Major Risk Analysis (Bowtie) to safeguard operations personnel, passengers and the general public