Governance and Assurance: specialist advice about, and oversight of, the processes, laws and regulations governing our business, predominantly for directors, chief executives and executive committees.Job Purpose
Ensuring compliance with the relevant Anti-Money Laundering and Combating the Financing of Terrorist (AML/CFT) and related legislations.
Monitoring transactions of customers to determine whether the transactions are in line with the customers’ profile.
Monitoring of sanctions and Politically Exposed Persons (PEP) alerts
Reporting of Suspicious/unusual transaction reports.
Rendition of AML/CFT returns to the relevant regulatory authorities such as the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) and Nigerian Financial Intelligence Unit (NFIU).
Monitoring of all regulatory AML/CFT returns to ensure that such returns are rendered timely.
Carrying out of international & local research to keep abreast of current AML/CFT issues.
Providing advisory support to the branches/business units on know Your Customer (KYC) issues/enquiries.
Providing timely responses to all request received from regulators/law enforcement agencies relating to KYC/AML/CFT issues.
Tracking and remedying all KYC/AML/CFT issues identified in both external and internal examinations/inspections within agreed timelines.
Providing relevant update to management on all KYC/AML/CFT issues.
Ensuring that all members of staff are trained on KYC/AML/CFT issues.Key Responsibilities/Accountabilities
- Provide assistance on compliance issues arising out of fulfilling AML/CFT obligations.
- Keep abreast with the Stanbic IBTC/Standard Bank AML operations, standards and controls.
- Creation of awareness to members of staff on how to identify suspicious money laundering or terrorist financing activity and further assist in the reporting or investigation of suspicious and unusual transactions when required.
- Assist with the review of developed training material pertaining to AML/ CFT.
- Providing advice, support and guidance to both Business and Heads of Compliance in AML/CFT matters.
- Attend to relevant projects or reviews and give input and perform allocated tasks in terms of all projects concerning AML/CFT.
- Work with Group Sanctions desk & Financial Crime Control (FCC) to identify any gaps or areas of weakness that could be exploited for Money Laundering or Terrorist Financing purposes.
- Suspicious transaction monitoring tools to detect irregular transactions systematically.
- Assist in providing AML/ CFT support to Operational areas to ensure effective implementation of controls and processes.
- Assist in compliance measures and determine appropriate remedial action plans (including, where necessary, timeframes and responsibilities).